Author Spotlight: Christina Tetreault
August 1, 2017 • News
1)How did you get started as an author and what made you want to pursue that field?
I have been writing for as long as I can remember. I seriously started to pursue becoming published in 2006. At the time I was working as a teacher. It took me until 2012 to see it actually happen.
2) What hurdles have your overcome while striving towards your goals?
Just getting my first book out there was a huge hurdle. I tried for years to go the traditional route. After I heard another author talk about self-publishing in 2011, I decided to give it a try. Another big hurdle in the beginning was finding the time to write. When my first book came out in 2012 my twins were only three and my oldest was five. I had write when they went to bed at night and on the weekends when my husband could watch them.
3) Which novel has been your favorite to write and why?
Tough question. Honestly, it changes. For a long time “Redeeming The Billionaire” was my favorite, however now my favorite is “Falling For The Billionaire.” I love both Scott and Paige. I think they complement each other very well.
4) For those looking to become an author, what advice would you give them?
Be patient, don’t give up and expect criticism.
5) Favorite motto?
“Nothing is impossible the word itself says I’m possible.” I have this on my office wall actually.
6) In one word, how would you describe your writing style?
7) Which author inspires you the most and why?
Honestly, I don’t have an author who inspires me. I have some I love to read like Lynn Kurland and Julia Quinn but they don’t inspire me.
8) What is your writing process like?
In the beginning I do character sketches for my hero and heroine. I list the important events that must happen in the story but I do not do detailed plot outlines. Then I just start writing. Often ideas for the book come to me as I go along.
9) Goals for the remainder of the year?
My goal for this year is to release at least one more book before the end of December.
10) What new projects are you currently working on?
I am just starting the 5th book in my Love On The North Shore series. This series takes place in a fictitious town named North Salem. It is located about thirty minutes from Boston.
11) Any final thoughts you would like to share with the CJC Photography readers.
If you have a chance check out The Billionaire Next Door. While this is the tenth full- length novel in the series, it like all the rest can be read as a stand-alone.
4 Comments • Add a comment