Model Spotlight: Lauren Summer
August 6, 2017 • News
1) How did you get your start in modeling?
-I’ve always wanted to model since I was a little girl admiring the Victoria’s Secret models from afar, so in high school when my friend asked me to model for their photography class, I was elated. It started as one photo shoot, then word spread from person to person that I wasn’t half bad, and now here we are! Haha.
2) Who/what do you draw inspiration from during a photo shoot?
-Is it weird to say “myself”? I hone in on certain aspects of my personality and magnify them. If it’s a catalog shoot, I bring out my quirky and bubbly side more. If it’s a a fashion or lingerie shoot, I pull out my darker, sexier, more mysterious vibes.
3) What do you enjoy the most about modeling and what do you find to be the most challenging?
-I love the rush. I love working from sunup to sundown running on nothing but coffee and motivation. I know it sounds ridiculous, but that crazy lifestyle is almost poetic to me.
I find it challenging not to doubt myself too much. You can’t compare yourself to others or doubt the quality of your work. You’ll drive yourself mad.
4) In one word how would you describe yourself?
5) When being categorized as a model, what stereotype do you find to be the most untrue?
-That we’re all stuck up and dumb. I consider myself relatively down to earth with a decent education. Who wants to discuss dark matter and democratic socialism with me?
6) If you could have any costar for a photo shoot, who would it be and why?
-A second Lauren. Can you imagine all of the sass?!
7) How do you stay in such great shape?
-I eat really clean. Chicken, salmon, veggies, and lots of water is mostly what my diet consists of. I have cut out carbs almost completely because I find that it makes myself feel physically better. Also, I try to work out six days a week to stay tight and toned and full of energy!
8) Do you have any interesting or unique talents?
– I’m extremely good at video games?! I grew up playing them on the regular and have been slaying ever since.
9) This industry can be harsh, how do you deal with criticism?
-Don’t take any of it personally. People are so quick to judge you without actually knowing you, having only seen your photos. At the end of the day, you know who you are and you just have to focus on that.
10) What is something most people don’t know about you?
– If I wasn’t a model, I would be an astrophysicist! Total opposite things, I know, but the stars and space and how it all works has always been a huge interest of mine.
11) To date, what accomplishment are you most proud of?
-Landing my first photo shoot with Playboy. It gave me the platform I needed to really launch my career and finally get things going in the right direction. Super thankful the photographer and now friend @adgopro1 for the amazing opportunity!
12) Any final thoughts you would like to share with the CJC Photography readers?
-“Don’t dream it, be it.”
Make sure to follow Lauren on instagram!