Model Spotlight: Eric Claussen
June 18, 2015 • News
1) How did you get started in modeling?
I turned my life around and broke my 16 year addiction to drugs and alcohol replacing my negative addictions of drinking and doing drugs with positive addictions of working out and personal development. I lost 50 pounds and got in the best shape of my life. A photographer reached out to me and asked if I would like to shoot. I went with it. The rest is history!! Boom!
2) What are your favorite physical features?
I have billion dollar abs.
3) Who/what do you draw inspiration from while on a photo shoot?
I enter a fantasy world in my imagination and let my confidence guide me through an exhilarating experience.
4) What do you enjoy the most about modeling and what do you find to be the most challenging?
I am absolutely in love with it. I lose track of time. A 12 hour shoot seems to be only a minute of time to me. The most challenging has been providing a stable income from modeling. I’m still working on improving myself to get where I truly want and deserve to be.
5) In one word how would you describe yourself?
6) When being categorized as a model, what stereotype do you find to be the most untrue?
Being categorized as a frat boy meat head is the stereotype I find to be most untrue. When people meet me and spend just a minute with me they find out the real essence of who I truly am.
7) If you could have any costar for a photo shoot who would it be and why?
Tyrese Gibson. He’s a major inspiration to me. I think our personalities combined would just be some crazy fun!!
8) What’s going too far?
9) Where would you like to travel to in the future?
London, Paris, UK, Australia, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Milan, Costa Rica, Peru, Brazil… All over the world!!
10) How do you stay in such great shape?
It’s a lifestyle. I work out 6-7 days a week and stick to a strict diet.
11) Do you have any interesting or unique talents?
I’m an outstanding public speaker and absolutely love motivational speaking.
12) This industry can be very harsh, how do you deal with criticism?
I don’t take anything personally.
13) What is something most people don’t know about you?
I checked myself into a mental institution and was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and severe depression after trying to take my life.
14) What’s something that sets you apart from others in the industry?
My love and compassion for everyone. I never discount anyone. I always lend a helping hand where I can.
15) To date, what accomplishment are you the most proud of?
Winning the Toastmaster’s International Area Speech Contest!!
16) What are your goals for 2015?
To keep learning, growing and improving with each passing day becoming the best possible version of myself helping others along the way seizing new opportunities as they arise.
17) What would be the best way for someone to contact you?
Shoot me a message on Facebook or email me at email@example.com
18) Any final thoughts you would like to share with the CJC Photographer readers?
You miss 100% of the shots you DON’T take. Take massive action each and every day in the direction of your dreams. Life is a journey with no end. Learn from your mistakes and keep growing. Falling down is a part of life. Getting back up and charging forward after you continually get knocked down is what defines you. It doesn’t matter how many times you get knocked down. Trust me I know from experience you are going to get knocked down many, many times and things aren’t going to go as planned. Dust yourself off, get up and keep moving forward. Make your life fun and exciting full of love and joy. Never, never, never give up!! Love your life and those around your follow your creativity and God bless!!