Author Spotlight: Laura Dunaway
April 26, 2014 • News
I’m really excited to launch a new feature on my site… author spotlights! My first feature is the brilliant Laura Dunaway who resides in Salt Lake City, UT and is married to “the most amazing man and they have three wonderful children.”
1) How did you get started as an author and what made you want to pursue that field?
I was invited into a book group on Facebook and met some wonderful self-published authors. I’ve always had a love for writing and had a dream of writing a book. I never thought it was possible until I heard about self-publishing. After that, I pursued my dream.
2) What hurdles have you overcome while striving towards your goals?
Ohhh man… feeling like I’ll never succeed. I’m my own worst enemy. I am determined to not let my insecurities get the better of me. I’m in this for the long haul.
3) Which novel has been your favorite to write and why?
My second release, Discovering Lucy. I liked the storyline better and felt much more of an attachment to Knox and Lucy.
4) For those looking to become an author, what advice would you give them?
You can do it! Self-publishing is the way to go. It opens up so many opportunities. Make sure you surround yourself with people who are good for you, and who want to help you succeed.
5) Favorite motto?
6) In one word, how would you describe your writing style?
7) Which author inspires you the most and why?
RE Hunter. She never fails to let me know I’m loved and she’s always there to pick me up when I’m falling down.
8) Goals for 2014?
Writing two-three books and marketing myself the best I can. I really need to get my name and books out there.
9) What new projects are you currently working on?
I have quite a few in my head LOL. Right now, I’m working on my third book that seems to be leaning toward a darker side. I’m really excited about it and I’m excited about its cover *hint hint.*
I’m also writing a novella to be included in an anthology with ten other authors called Night Tides that I’m really excited about.
10) Any final thoughts you would like to share with the CJC Photography readers?
I want to thank you Chris, for having me here and for helping get my name out there. To the readers, thank you for all of your support for our endeavors. We couldn’t do this without you. <3
Thank-you Laura for being my first author spotlight and I’m excited for the project we are working on that will be released this fall.
– CJC Photography