Forbidden Hero by Jackie Walker
Purchase Forbidden Hero by Jackie Walker here.
Things that awaken my inner rage monster (in no particular order):
- The F-nugget who thought it would be fun to try to kidnap me. Throwing me in a trunk? Rude!
- My oldest brother – For insisting I need constant babysitters since I’m in danger. Oops! Did I say babysitters? I meant bodyguards.
- Same brother again – For having a ridiculously hot best friend, then assigning him as my primary bodyguard and telepathically forbidding him from dating me, even though I’m starting to suspect that he’s seriously crushing on me. (The best friend is crushing, not my brother. Don’t be weird.)
- My brother’s best friend (i.e.: my new bodyguard) – For having a jaw so chiseled it could probably slice through a huge block of aged cheddar, and yet, not letting me lick it. (His jaw, not the cheddar. Now you’re waking up my rage monster.)
- My bodyguard’s stupid rules – For forbidding me from flirting with him, touching him more than necessary, and kissing him again. Even though he started it!
- Wine – For having calories.
- My ex-husband – For breathing.
- The law – For prohibiting st*bbing.
- My heart and bodyguard – Both for making me fall in love again… the audacity!
Note: Forbidden Hero is Book 2 in the Redleg Security Series of steamy romantic suspense novels with romcom vibes. Content warnings are available on the author’s website and at the front of the book. Each book in this series features a different couple complete with their happily ever after and no cheating and is a “complete story” with no cliffhangers. The books are best read in order to avoid suspense-related plot spoilers since each book starts right where the prior book ends. However, there are no cliffhangers and each book can be read on its own if you don’t wish to read them all.
This novel is written in alternating first person point of view and contains steamy open-door scenes, profanity, a strong heroine with mild anger issues due to her bumpy past, a hero who will make you laugh one minute and swoon the next (especially when he helps her reclaim her body). There’s page-turning action and all the feels, along with a healthy dose of humor. There is an HEA, no cheating, and no “other woman” drama.
Tropes are: Brother’s Best Friend, Secret Relationship/Forbidden Love, and Friends to Lovers with a dash of forced proximity.
This book is available in E-Book, Regular Paperback, and Discreet Paperback.