CJC Photography’s Top Moments of 2018!
December 22, 2018 • News
CJC Photography’s Top Moments of 2018!
Before moving to FL (September 2016), I had been working at the Staples Headquarters as part of their email marketing team for 6 months. When I had informed my boss that I would be relocating they agreed to let me work remotely on a trial basis. However, in February of 2018 it was decided that I had to either move back to Boston to work full time in the office or I wouldn’t be able to keep my position. I took it as a sign. In March of this year I took the plunge and went full force with solely working on my business full time and I haven’t looked back since. While moments of self doubt occasionally rise to the surface I don’t regret my decision for a second.
Having said that, the following are some of my favorite moments of 2018!
For those that don’t know, I’m a big list oriented person. Setting goals yearly and monthly have played a huge part in helping me get to the present. I surpassed my end total of 2017 which in itself I took as a huge success. I had the opportunity to meet and collaborate with a variety of new authors that I hadn’t worked with last year and some brand new faces in the modeling world. I can’t wait for all of these new covers to be revealed and books to be released. As a huge reader, its such an amazing feeling to get to pick up the final end product and experience it. Authors put all of their heart and soul into these projects and it feels so rewarding to help be a part of that.
Events & Travel:
1) Book Splash Cruise (Bahamas/Jamaica/Cayman Islands)(February): This was my first trip with Alli without our parents which in its own way felt like a big occasion, grown up status haha. We had such an awesome time and it was fun to get to connect with authors/readers throughout a weeks time frame.
2) Nashville, TN (June): Richard Edwards of Pathways Talent Services invited me to come to Nashville to shoot with his models. While in the dead of summer heat, the locations were really breathtaking and I was so happy with the work we captured. Richard was an amazing tour guide and I would love to visit again.
3) SASS (Virginia, July): This was Aubree Valentine ‘s first event as an attending author and it was an honor to attend with her. I can’t wait to go again next year.
4) Shameless (Orlando, October): Always one of my favorite events to attend, Shameless never disappoints. A special thank you to Lexi C. Foss for inviting me. I recently finished reading “The Charmer’s Gambit” which was one of my favorite books of the year.
5) Rebels and Readers (West Virginia, November): What a great way to end the events for the year. It was my first time attending and I had so much fun with Lisa B. Kamps and Brock Grady helping to promote the York Bombers series. I will be attending next year as well!
One of my biggest goals this year was trying themes/concepts I haven’t done before.
Some of which included:
M/M: What started out as a selfie turned into David Wills and I booking three projects with one another. It was so unexpected and we will be trying to do more together next year as well. I also shot Zack/Mitch/Lucas of Pathways Talent Services with each other.
For multiple years I had been asked if I had stock of a red headed female and this was the year that I finally found her! Jackie! She was also the 2nd most booked model of the year and I can’t wait to shoot together again in 2019.
MFM: Taylor/Keith/Alli and Gideon/Alli/Blake.
F/F: Alli and Danielle.
Father/Son: Taylor and Ashton. While one of the hardest shoots I’ve ever done, it was also one of the most rewarding. Seeing the smile on Ashton’s face, it felt great being able to capture that moment.
Last but not least, Alli and I licensed our 30th book cover together!
I would just like to say a special thank-you to everyone for their continued love and support and I’m really excited for what 2019 has in store.
Stay tuned for upcoming news and brand NEW imagery!