Model Spotlight: Gus Caleb Smyrnios
March 15, 2018 • News
This month’s model spotlight features model/actor and star of MTV’s Floribama Shore – Gus Caleb Smyrnios. Gus and I first met/worked with one another in February 2017. I found his instagram via a local modeling agency and I just thought… “WOW he would be perfect for a book cover.” From our first shoot we landed 6 book covers and to date in total of 20, making Gus my most booked male model.
Get to know Gus more in this exclusive interview.
1) How did you get your start in modeling?
I went with a friend to a photo shoot and the photographer liked me. We ended up shooting and I got signed with an agency in Daytona Beach.
2) What are your favorite physical features?
My smile, does my hair count?
3) Who/what do you draw inspiration from during a photo shoot?
Derek Zoolander. I watched Zoolander when I was five and I never wanted to do anything else.
4) What do you enjoy the most about modeling and what do you find to be the most challenging?
I like being able to travel and meet new people. The most challenging aspect would be staying away from the cheesecake so I can stay in shape.
5) In one word how would you describe yourself?
6) Where would you like to travel to in the future?
NYC and LA.
7) Do you have any interesting or unique talents?
I can eat a whole cheesecake all by myself. New York style is my favorite.
8) This industry can be harsh, how do you deal with criticism?
I don’t really pay any attention to it. There are going to be those that like you and those that won’t. You can’t please everyone.
9) What is something most people don’t know about you?
10) How do you set yourself apart from others in the industry?
I think my personality sets me apart. I’m more down to earth than people expect.
11) To date, what accomplishment are you most proud of?
Being able to make it on my own, while being kicked out when I was 17. It hasn’t been easy but I’m currently working on my bachelors in criminal justice.
12) What are your goals for the remainder of the year?
I’d love to be on the big screen 😉
13) Any final thoughts you would like to share with the CJC Photography readers?
Whatever life throws at you don’t let it keep you down. Keep moving forward and striving towards your goals.
See more of Gus in my gallery here.
Follow Gus on Instagram here.