Author Spotlight: S.R. Grey
May 16, 2016 • News
1) How did you get started as an author and what made you want to pursue that field?
I always wrote and loved writing, but it was just for fun. And then the whole self-publishing craze took hold . . . and, well, the rest is history.
2) What hurdles have your overcome while striving towards your goals?
Mostly, at first, figuring out how to use social media for marketing was tricky. And then there was the whole searching for editors, formatters, etc… I’m so happy to work with such great people now.
3) Which novel has been your favorite to write and why?
Probably the latest one, The After of Us. I loved writing Will and his daughter Lily’s interactions. Plus it has a beautiful cover, thanks to Christopher John’s superb photography skills. 🙂
4) For those looking to become an author, what advice would you give them?
Don’t give up and write every day! Follow your dream.
5) Favorite motto?
Just do it!
6) In one word, how would you describe your writing style?
7) Which author inspires you the most and why?
There are so many, but I have to say every time I pick up a Janet Fitch book I am inspired to become a better writer. Her words are so lyrical. I have whole books of hers highlighted.
8) What is your writing process like?
I usually come up with an idea and outline a few points. Then I start writing the story in a linear fashion. I go back and change a lot, though, as the story progresses.
9) Goals for the remainder of the year?
I hope to complete my next two novels and attend three more signings.
10) What new projects are you currently working on?
I have the second novel of the Promises series, Today’s Promises, coming out in late August-early September. And then I’ll be releasing a Romantic Comedy. No title as of yet.
11) Any final thoughts you would like to share with the CJC Photography readers?
Thank you to Christopher for this interview.
Connect with S.R. Grey on Facebook and stay up to date with her latest releases!