Model Spotlight: Paul Calafiore
May 27, 2015 • News
1) How did you get started in modeling?
I reached out to a photographer named Rick Day to do some fitness related shots to start promoting my Personal Training career. I also thought it would be a fun thing that my brother and I would do together. Rick ended up putting me in a whole bunch of different wardrobes and told me that I should start walking into different agencies with them. I took his advice and never looked back.
2) What are your favorite physical features?
My favorite physical features on myself are definitely my abs and my eyes. I work very hard to keep my stomach in shape and I like my eyes because they are green, which is different in my opinion! On a woman, she has to have a beautiful face, the female body is a beauty within itself, but a beautiful face is lights out for me.
3) Who/what do you draw inspiration from while on a photo shoot?
I draw inspiration from the energy of the day as well as the photographer. My main thing however is that I draw from my past, present, and visions of future experiences.
4) What do you enjoy the most about modeling and what do you find to be the most challenging?
I enjoy putting myself in different character mindsets for each shoot. The most challenging part is making the looks subtly different.
5) In one word, how would you describe yourself?
6) When being categorized as a model, what stereotype do you find to be the most untrue?
I would say when most people assume that all models are narcissistic and arrogant. I pride myself in being very down to earth and approachable.
7) If you could have any co-star for a photo shoot who would it be and why?
I would have to say that it would be my brother Cody Calafiore. We work very well together and I’m pretty sure those who would see the results of the photo shoot would not be complaining ; )
8) What’s going too far? What wouldn’t you do for a photo shoot?
Anything that would jeopardize my overall general image or the image that I have in place for the businesses I run/the fans I have. There is a sexiness with leaving things to the unknown and doing it in a classy way.
9) Where would you like to travel to in the future?
There are a couple places I haven’t checked off of the bucket list just yet, but to be honest, I love to travel so as long as I’m not in one spot for too long, I’m happy!
10) How do you stay in such great shape?
I am on a very strict exercise and food regimen. I keep my meals portioned and eat 5-6 times a day while exercising 2-3 times a day.
11) Do you have any interesting or unique talents?
I am a black belt in 4 different martial arts, play the guitar and am one of the best MC’s in the tristate. So if you’re having a party… You know who to call 😉
12) This industry can be very harsh, how do you deal with criticism?
The same way I deal with compliments, I don’t take them too seriously and I have a short memory when it comes to that. No compliment should go straight to your head and no critique should either. Every critique is a way to get better!
13) What is something most people don’t know about you?
I was a professional soccer player.
14) Dream concept for a photo shoot?
A fight club scene.
15) What’s something that sets you apart from others in the industry?
I’m actually a badass.
16) To date, what accomplishment are you the most proud of?
Successfully opening two gyms!
17) What are your goals for 2015?
Travel to Italy, France, and Spain.
18) What would be the best way for someone to contact you? Calafiore360Fitness@gmail.com
19) Any final thoughts you would like to share with the CJC Photographer readers?
We are not prisoners of fate… We are only prisoners of our own minds.