Model Spotlight: Mark Boles
October 1, 2014 • News
1) How did you get your start in modeling?
I sent some pictures to Maggie inc, and they asked me to come in for an interview. They signed me after that!
2) What are your favorite physical features?
My shoulders! I love nice, defined shoulders.
3) Who/what do you draw inspiration from while shooting?
During a photo shoot I try to feed off the photographer and what their specific needs/wants for the shoot are.
4) What do you enjoy the most about modeling?
I enjoy meeting new people and working in different locations.
5) What is the most challenging aspect of modeling?
Trying to stay focused during periods of time when I don’t have any work.
6) What stereotype do you find the most untrue when being categorized as a model?
That models are dumb or that we are one dimensional.
7) How do you stay in such great shape?
I eat “clean” and I lift 5-6 days a week. Also, my day job as a carpenter also helps!
8) Any unique talents?
I can sing!
9) In one word how would you describe yourself?
Determined. My wife might say stubborn!
10) If you could have any costar for a shoot who would it be and why?
Rudy Reyes, he inspires me.
11) What’s going too far? Is there anything you wouldn’t do for a photo shoot?
No raunchy nude shoots!
12) Where would you like to travel to in the future?
I would like to travel throughout Europe if I could.
13) This industry can be very harsh, how do you deal with criticism?
Just let it roll off my shoulders.
14) What advice do you have for someone looking to get into modeling?
Be patient, it takes time to get established.
15) How does it feel to see your photos in a magazine?
On one level it feels amazing, but it is also strange because I still can’t believe that’s me!
16) What trait to do you like/dislike the most about yourself?
I’m my biggest critic, so I’m too hard on myself.
17) Dream concept for a shoot?
Miami beach! A good swimsuit shoot.
18) Biggest fear?
I’m afraid of failure. I want to succeed in this industry.
20) What has been your biggest accomplishment?
Getting to be in Black Mass with Johnny Depp!!
21) What is your guilty pleasure?
I love to eat WAY to much ice cream.
22) What’s something most people don’t know about you?
I am extremely shy, so when I don’t talk to someone they think I’m a stuck up ass hole which is not the case.
23) What sets you apart from others in the industry?
My attitude and my work ethic.
24) What can’t you live without?
Stay tuned for more exclusive interviews and images from my upcoming photo shoots.
– CJC Photography
3 Comments • Add a comment