Elements of Taking Head Shots
March 21, 2011 • News
I’m doing an upcoming head shot shoot and I wanted to share with you all what tips I learned in order to get the perfect shot.
– The purpose of a head shot is to get noticed by agents and the way to do that is to use your personality and to make sure it stands out.
– You have to make sure that you look like your headshot in person when you go on auditions.
– Make sure to wear simple clothing, solid colors, and no prints. You want to stand out in the photo and not what you’re wearing, it shouldn’t distract from your face.
– Your photo should spark agent’s attention that you can transform into any role and look, a blank pallet.
– Remember that your selling your personality and your look, don’t overdue the makeup and show a lot of skin.
– It’s all in the EYES! You need to connect with viewers.
– Do you want to do commercial or theatrical work? Commercial: warm, friendly, smiley expression. Theatrical: serious expression
To learn more about taking the perfect headshot and how to pick the right photo visit:
– CJC Photography